NOTE TO REGULAR MONTHLY READERS: Additions or changes in blue.
NOTE: Always check Brian’s Area Messages/Breaking News as there may be something there that is not in the monthly update.
PUBLICATIONS & WHAT’S IN THE WORKS: (Please keep in mind that all dates are tentative and subject to change.)
- Necroscope the movie. http://www.necroscopethemovie.com. Ahhhhhhhhh … Hollywood! The second option has come through on this so … they’re working on it … they’re working on it! Information will be added when/if available.
- April 2006. Tarra Khash: Hrossak! (collection), Volume 2 of The Primal Land Trilogy, in hardcover. TOR Books. Amazon has a pre-order release of March 21. Available now.
- June 2006. Necroscope: The Touch. You can pre-order from Amazon now. They have a release of June 13, 2006. We have finished doing the proofs and they back at TOR.
- July 2006. The Brian Lumley Companion, trade paperback. TOR Books. Amazon is taking pre-orders with a scheduled release of July 11.
- September 2006. Sorcery in Shad (novel). Volume 3 of The Primal Land Trilogy, in hardcover. TOR Books. We’ve finished doing the proofs and they are working on them at TOR now.
- October 2006. Khai of Khem. Trade paperback. I'm sure the cover will probably change a bit on this one but I'll use the hc cover for just a refresher. Sometimes they change the format.
- Screaming Science Fiction: Horrors from Outer Space by Subterranean is being worked on as well. Collected short stories with a SciFi theme, naturally, with introductions to all of them by Brian. Contains: Foreword, Snarker’s Son, The Man Who Felt Pain, The Strange Years, No Way Home, The Man Who Saw No Spiders, Deja Viewer, Feasibility Study (this is a brand new never been published novella), Gaddy’s Gloves, Big “C”. With a fantastic jacket by Bob Eggleton. http://www.subterraneanpress.com/ These have been shipped.
- 2006/2007 Marvin Kaye is doing a book called The Ghost Quartet which will include the new story The Place of Waiting. TOR Books is the publisher and as soon as I have a publication date you’ll find it here. We now have word that the author is almost finished his story and we are in hopes that the book will be published by the end of the year. Yes, I know you have been waiting a long time but so have we. As soon as I know an official publication date I’ll let you know.
- Issue #3 of HPL magazine will be a Brian Lumley Issue. It will contain the new short story The
Hymn, will have an overview by Steve Jones and an interview by Darrell Schweitzer. You can keep apprised of this at http://www.wildsidepress.com We have checked and know that this issue is being worked on it’s only a matter of when it gets published. We have absolutely no idea on the status of this one … but believe me … Brian is checking into it!
- Paul Calvin Wilson, of Lighthouse Media One, is putting together a Lumley anthology trilogy called From the Vaults. Volume One will contain Foreword, Introductions to each story, The Cyprus Shell, The Mirror of Nitocris and A Thing About Cars, No Way Home, DeMarigny’s Clock. Volume Two will contain Foreword, Introductions to each story, The Deep-Sea Conch, Ambler’s Inspiration, The Last Rite, Cryptically Yours and The Writer in the Garret. Volume Three will contain Foreword, Introductions to each story, Darghud’s Doll, David’s Worm, Vanessa’s Voice The Running Man and In the Vaults Beneath. All the artwork will be done by Allen Koszowski. http://www.lighthousemediaone.co.uk/ There will be a slight hold up on this one as Allen has had a mild stroke and is on the mend. We’ll, as always, keep you informed on this.
- Subterranean’s release of the deluxe edition of Necroscope. Information can be found on the MessageBoard in the monthly updates or http://www.subterraneanpress.com/ The regular hardcovers are being shipped. A little while yet before the specials.
WHAT’S FOR SALE ON THE MESSAGEBOARD
- Brian’s Aerie: Merchandise for Sale. Since the store has now closed, you will find everything that’s up for offer in this section of the MessageBoard. You will also get heads up notices of items going up for auction on Ebay. Keeping you informed as always.
APPEARANCES (NOTE: With the world situation being as it is ... Brian *will* be doing all his scheduled appearances provided the planes are flying.
- Horrorfind Weekend Baltimore (Hunt Valley), Maryland, August 11-13, 2006. http://www.horrorfindweekend.com. The hotel is already taking room reservations and they’ll fill the block quickly. There were thousands there last year so I suggest if you plan on attending and want a hotel room you book soonest. Brian will be in the “Celebrity Room” during certain hours of the day for signing books and he’ll probably do a 45 minute to 1 hour reading.
- ElsterCon, Leipzig, Germany September 15-17, 2006. I am informed that the web site should be up and running next month … soon as I get the address I’ll add it.
- KeoghCon VI, Torquay, United Kingdom, September 30, 2006.
http://www.brianlumley.com/cons/kc6.html Guests of Honors this year are Bob & Marianne Eggleton. Anyone interested in booking a hotel room should contact me … but before you do be sure to check out all the hotel information on the KCVI web page.
- Las Vegas Signing 1. Borders Express: Saturday, October 14, 2006, 2:00 PM. In the Fashion Show Mall, 3200 Las Vegas Boulevard, South. 702-733-1049.
- Las Vegas Signing 2. B.Dalton Bookseller: Sunday, October 15, 2006, 2:00 PM. In the Boulevard Mall, 3680 S. Maryland Parkway. 702-735-0008
- World Horror Convention 2007. For all those Canadian readers who have been asking … we are seriously looking into this one … no finalization of plans has been made. In the event we finalize you’ll be given all the details when available.
[ July 09, 2006, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Silky ]
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: JUNE 2006 UPDATE
June 2nd, 2006, 06:27 AM #1Silky
"The Master's Lady"
The Future Is A Devious Thing...
By Silky in forum Monthly UpdateReplies: 0Last Post: May 31st, 2007, 08:35 AM
By Silky in forum Monthly UpdateReplies: 0Last Post: September 1st, 2006, 04:02 AM
By Silky in forum Monthly UpdateReplies: 0Last Post: June 29th, 2006, 02:17 PM