Please read ALL OF these rules -
Welcome to the Brian Lumley.com MessageBoard!
After reading these rules, there will be a link to register for the Board,
or enter the MessageBoard directly.
Here you can talk to other fans and even Brian Lumley himself! Note
that after you register, you cannot post new posts until the
forum administrator approves you. The information we require is your
real name and your ISP email address - not a web-based email. Read
on for more information on that. Upon approval, you are immediately
granted a Basic Membership. We offer a Basic and an Elite membership
The Basic membership is
limited to reading and posting in only a few of the Book-based forums
and your posts must stay on topic. You won't have access to Necroscope
News, avatars, private messages, polls, or private forums,
but the cost
is nothing. That's right. There is no fee
at all for the Basic Membership.
However, you must stay on-topic in your posting. If you go off topic (OT):
- 1st time: Post is removed and you are warned.
- 2nd time: Post is removed and you are suspended for one week from
- 3rd time: User is banned from posting completely - no exceptions.
The Elite Membership grants
you access to all forums, including a year's access to Necroscope News,
as well as direct input from Brian and Silky themselves. Private messages,
polls, avatars - all is available to Elite Members for only $10/year.
Please register first if signing up for the Elite subscription,
as the Administrator will need to approve both, and you will need to
include your registration information with your subscription. After registering,
go to the Store Page
Rules of Conduct on the MessageBoard -
Remember that you are a guest, please act like one.
Please take note of the following statements:
- You recognize that we are not responsible for the content of the
messages that are posted.
- We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness
of any message.
- The messages express the views of the author of the message, not
necessarily the views of the administration of this board or any entity
associated with the administration of this board.
- We have the ability to remove messages and we will make every effort
to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if and only if we
determine that removal is necessary. We also have the ability to edit
the contents of any message, within a reasonable time frame, if and
only if we determine that editing is nessecary. This is a manual
process, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit
particular messages immediately.
- Although the administration of this board does not and cannot review
the messages posted, and is not responsible for the content of any
of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any
You agree NOT TO DO any of the following
while on our MessageBoard:
- You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages,
and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the administration of
this board, Infopop Corporation (the creator of the bulletin board
software), and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission
of your message(s).
- We also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information
we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising
from any message posted by you.
- We actively track and record your IP address when you browse the
board. This information is recorded through the web server's logging
faccilities, and through the bulletin board's user tracking feature
("Recent Visitors"). While you may choose to be invisible on the list
of currently browsing users, your IP and actions are still recorded.
- The recorded IP addresses are only visible to the board administration,
not the general public.
- In the event that you decide to abuse your posting rights, we reserve
the right to use your IP address in any of the following ways:
- Use a lookup to determine your ISP, then inform them of your
- Prevent posting to this board based on the IP address
- Prevent viewing of this board based on the IP address
- Prevent anyone from your ISP from viewing this board.
- By clicking the 'I Agree' button below, you agree to permit us to
record your IP address.
- Flaming - We do not tolerate abusive, malicious, personal
attacks. You will be banned if you persist in this behavior.
- Trolls/Trolling - Anyone deliberately antagonizing other forum
users by posting 'flame bait' type messages is not welcome. You will
be banned if you persist in this behavior.
- Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic
files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal
drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory,
vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually
or otherwise objectionable.
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, a
Brian Lumley.com official, message board moderator, employee, contractor,
- Post or transmit any Content that contains a virus, Trojan horse
or other mischievous Content.
- Use The Brian Lumley.com MessageBoards' features in a manner that
adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users
(e.g., excessive shouting [use of all caps] or flooding [continuous
posting of repetitive text or topics]). IF YOU SPAM US, WE WILL
SHUT YOU DOWN! If you post a spam message to this board, you will
be banned, and your ISP contacted concerning abuse of their serivices.
(Spam is defined as any and all of the following: advertisements for
services or websites, excessive useless fluff messages, flooding, and
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk
mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes" or any other form
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state,
national or international law, rule or regulation.
- Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark,
trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any
party. This includes role-playing and/or fan fiction, unless specifically
allowed by Brian Lumley on this forum.
Brian Lumley.com retains the rights to exclusively determine what violates
any of the above rules. Also, Brian Lumley.com retains the rights
to exclusively decide who may access the forums.
Breaking any of the above Rules of Conduct will make your message board
account subject to immediate banning, or your message deleted, edited
or moved. Further the forum moderators may contact your ISP (Internet
Service Provider) depending on the severity of the offending posts.
NOTICE: By submitting (e.g., uploading)
Content to the Brian Lumley.com MessageBoard, you automatically grant
Brian Lumley.com the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive
and fully sub licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify,
adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute,
perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or
to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology
now known or later developed.
When signing up for a new user account, do not create these types of user
names - they will be removed.
- Obscene user names
- User names in all capital letters
- User names that have TeXt ThAt LoOkS lIkE ThIs! (Ex: D0nk3yK0ng)
- Hi-bit ASCII characters (ex: é ä ó). The reason is that these tend
to cause problems with the search engine.
- User names that are advertising for other websites or products.
- A user name that Brian Lumley.com deems "unacceptable" (Generally
vulgar, but not always).
Please read ALL OF these rules -
Please take note of the following
- In order to register on this MessageBoard, you must have
a valid, working email address with your internet service provider.
- This email address may NOT originate
from a freemail service, such as Hotmail, Rocketmail, Yahoo, Excite,
Bigfoot, and Everyone.net.
- The email address you provide will only be used
to mail you your password and contact you should an emergency arise,
or to send information about this board. You may optionally choose
to hide your email address from public viewing, and may opt out of
any board mailings.
- If, for some reason, you do NOT have a non-freemail address, please
email the administration of this board and explain the situation. The
admins may choose to set up a special forwarding address for your use
If you have not read this user agreement
in its entirety, then mail the administration with a question about
why you are unable to register, you will be met with a very angry
response. There is NO EXCUSE for not reading this user agreement.
If you are a former member of Brian Lumley.com - you do not need to
re-register. Just email me after reading these new Registration Rules
with your username and email address you used for registration, and your
old account will be reactivated to the Basic Membership.
By clicking 'I Agree' below, you state that you have read, understand,
and accept the following terms and conditions completely, without
Agree - I will abide by the rules and wish to sign up
Do Not Agree - I plan on breaking these rules
I don't agree or disagree - please just take me to the
Board so I can read the messages.